This richly flavored Caramel icing can be prepared easily in less than 10 minutes.
- 1 cup(s) (packed) dark brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter, milk, and salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium and boil 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; cool completely.
- Stir in confectioners’ sugar and vanilla; beat until smooth and thick enough to spread on cupcakes.
Recipe source: www.delish.com