I found this chocolate fudge icing recipe the other day when looking for something new and tasty for a chocolate cake. It was absolutely delicious and kept the cake moist for a few days. The only problem was putting the tasting spoon down to ensure there was still icing left for the cake!
- 90g butter or margarine
- 170ml cocoa
- 3 cups icing sugar
- 85ml milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
What you need to do:
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat.
- Add cocoa and heat until mixture begins to just boil, stirring constantly until smooth.
- Pour into mixer bowl and leave to cool to room temperature.
- Once cooled add icing sugar and milk alternatively beating until smooth.
- Add vanilla essence.
- Spread quickly onto your cake or cupcakes. The mixture does harden quite quickly so you need to move fast. It makes about 2 cups of icing.
- Make sure you leave a little in the bowl at the end as a taster