An easy and delightful creative activity that even young children can take part in. Something for Dad to cherish!
“Dad Rocks” paperweight
Article Source: www.tipjunkie.com
What you need:
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup water
- cookie sheet
- 1/2 cup pea gravel
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Mix flour, salt and water together in a bowl. If dough is too sticky add small amounts of flour until it is doughy and pliable. Be careful not to add too much as the dough will dry out and your creation will crack.
- Shape a piece of the dough into a ball in your hands. Place the ball on the cookie sheet and flatten to about 1/2″ thickness.
- Carefully select pieces of pea gravel to spell out “DAD ROCKS”. Press them firmly but gently into the salt dough.
- Bake your paperweight for 2-2.5 hours until completely dry.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before handling or removing from cookie sheet.
- Optional: You can spray your creation with acrylic sealer or paint it with a clear coat sealer.
Personalised hobby box
Article Source: www.familyeducation.com
Kids can create a love box for dad to keep special notes, gifts, and mementos. Every time he opens it he’ll be reminded of your love.
Just decorate a box with magazine cut-outs, stickers, and other items your father enjoys and let dry. Put something special in the box to surprise your father when he opens it