All moms need time out! It is vital for you to slow down, unwind and just breath! You are constantly on your toes, running in the car, lifting, schlepping, cooking, nurturing, organising. It is a constant go go go!
“You are not selfish when you acknowledge your own needs. You are self-aware and that’s important.” ~ Kendall Parkhurst
Here are some ways in which you can reconnect with yourself and enjoy some quiet time:
- Take the long way home – turn up the tunes and drive!
- Light a scented candle, close your eyes and breath.
- Go for a brisk walk
- Buy yourself a big bunch of flowers
- Make a cuppa and read a magazine
- Take a long bubble bath
- Join a yoga class
- Sweat it out at the gym
- Go have your hair blow dried
- Book a massage
- Go for a manicure or pedicure
- Give yourself a facial
- Have coffee with a friend
- Even better have wine with a friend
- Visit a book store, sit on their chair and read