This delicious potato wedges recipe is sourced from Jamie Oliver’s recipe web page – www.jamieoliver.com
This is a brilliant recipe for kids – turning the humble potato and sweet potato into delicious homemade wedges that will rival any oven chip.
(If your child is not keen on paprika, then just leave it out)
2 large sweet potatoes
2 medium potatoes
freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
With just a splash of oil and a pinch of seasoning and spice, you can turn the humble potato into delicious homemade wedges.
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF/gas 6.
2. Wash the potatoes under cold running water, scrubbing well with a scrubber to get rid of any dirt (there’s no need to peel them).
3. On a chopping board, cut each potato in half lengthways, then cut each half in half lengthways, and then each piece in half again so
you end up with 8 wedges, then add to a large mixing bowl.
4. Sprinkle over a tiny pinch of salt and pepper, and the paprika.
5. Drizzle over 2 tablespoons olive oil, then toss everything together to coat.
6. Spread out into a single layer over 2 large baking trays, then bake in the hot oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.
7. Use oven gloves to remove the trays from the oven, then leave to sit for a couple of minutes (this will make it easier to remove them from the tray), then use a fish slice to transfer them to a serving dish.