11 layered Rainbow Jelly treat
- 6 packs of jelly powder (Strawberry, orange, lemon, lime, blue raspberry and grape – if you cannot find these colours find flavours with colours that are similar)
- 8 1/2 Packets/Envelopes (or the equivalent approximately 8 1/2 Tablespoons of Gelatine).
- 1 can condensed milk
- Hot & cold water per jelly instructions on each packet
White Condensed Milk Layer
In a jug, mix 2 1/2 packets of Gelatine with 1 1/2 Cups of Hot Water until dissolved.Add the can of Condensed Milk plus another 1 1/2 Cups of Hot Water (or enough hot water to make it up to 1 litre milk mixture in total). Mix to combine together, then set aside.
Colour Jelly (Only make each colour once the layer before has been put into freezer to set)
Put your first Colour Jelly Crystals into a jug, then add hot water according to jelly packet instructions. Sprinkle 1 Envelope/Packet of Gelatine into the jelly mix and agitate with a fork to dissolve the Jelly Crystals and Gelatine. Add cold water according to jelly packet instructions.
- Pour first colour into a square or rectangular Pyrex dish. Place in freezer for about 15 minutes or until firm.
- Pour a layer of the white condensed milk layer and put in freezer to set.
- Continue with all the other colours making sure there is a layer of the white in between each colour.
- If the white mixture starts to set while you are waiting then place in the microwave for a few seconds to liquefy.
- Once set cut into small squares to serve