By Heidi Janit
The weather here in Johannesburg is certainly changing. The evenings are getting quite chilly. It is time for warm bowls of soup.
From Fresh Earth comes this lovely recipe that is utterly warming and comforting on a chilly evening.
- 3 kg Pumpkin, cut into chunks
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp Garlic, chopped
- 6 Medium/large leeks, finely sliced
- 3 Red Chillies, finely chopped once seeds removed
- 1 ½ litres vegetable stock
- 600 ml coconut milk
- 2 tsp.salt
- Fresh Coriander Leaves
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Spread the Pumpkin on a roasting pan and roast for 30 minutes or until tender and golden brown.
- Add the Olive Oil to the pan and heat.
- Add the Garlic and Leeks and sauté for 5 minutes or until the Leeks are soft and transparent.
- Add the roasted Pumpkin, Chilli and Veg stock and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and blend until smooth.
- If desired add more Vegetable stock to thin the soup down
- Once blended stir in the coconut milk.
- Serve with the coriander if desired