These cookies are thick, perfectly tender, and extremely satisfying. They’re sure to satisfy any craving for something sweet.
Hope you enjoy!
1/2cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder (I used special dark)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup chocolate chunks
- ½ cup (4 oz. package) Reese’s Pieces (these are similar to smarties)
- Melt ½ cup chocolate chips in the microwave or with the help of a double boiler. Set aside.
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda and powder. Set aside as well.
- In your stand mixer cream together butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Add egg and vanilla and stir until combined. Add melted chocolate chips and give it a good stir. Finally, add creamy peanut butter and stir until incorporated. Now add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Add chocolate chunks and Reese’s Pieces. Cover and refrigerate dough for 45-60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a large cookie scoop, place cookie dough balls about 2 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheet. Put in the oven and bake for 12 -14 minutes or until tops of cookies have a cracked appearance. Let cool for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.