You don’t have to spend a fortune or go out on the town. You can spend some quality time with your partner at home and enjoy a romantic night reconnecting.
Here are a few ideas to help you along:
- Dinner and a movie: Rent a dvd, decide on a dinner theme (Italian, French, Thai, etc) – get a bottle of vino, a main meal and a dessert and snuggle up on the couch!
- Games night: It can be scrabble, monopoly, bridge, whatever you enjoy. Play just the 2 of you or invite some other couples over for an evening of fun, some wine and some snacks.
- Create a cosy wine bar: Buy a few different bottles of wine ,make a plate of meats and cheeses, light some candles and load up your iPod with your favorite tunes.
- Sample another culture: Plan out a delish meal of Paella and sangria, prepare it together and then dig in. Love Indian? Make your own Chicken Tikka Masala. The key here is to cook together and then tuck in together.
- Make your own scrapbook: I am not too sure as to how many men would actually sit down and do this. But it is a great idea anyway! Paste in pictures, starting with your wedding day, followed by trips, holidays and moving into your first house to remember all the great times you’ve had together. Fill it in with candid pics and cute quotes. Leave blank pages in the back so you can load up with new memories next year.