The CREAMIEST CHEESE CAKE @ Woman&Home Magazine
For The Base:
- 150g digestive biscuits, finely crushed
- 75g butter, melted
- For The Filling:
- 600g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 heaped tbsp cornflour
- 150g caster sugar
- 2 large free-range eggs and 1 egg yolk
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 150ml crème fraîche
- 200g blueberries
- Icing sugar, to decorate
- For The Blueberry Compote:
- 400g blueberries
- 50g caster sugar
- 1 strip lemon zest, removed with a peeler, and juice 1 lemon
- You Will Need:
- 20cm springform tin, base lined with baking parchment and the tin buttered
- Heat the oven to 180C, gas 4. For the base, place the biscuits and butter in a bowl, stir well and press into the base of the tin.
- For the filling, place the cream cheese in a large bowl with the cornflour, caster sugar, whole eggs and egg yolk, and vanilla extract. Beat well with an electric whisk until thick and creamy. Beat in the crème fraîche, pour the filling over the biscuit base, then poke the blueberries into it. Place on a baking sheet in the centre of the oven and cook for 15 minutes, then lower the heat to 170C, gas 3 and cook for a further 30 to 40 minutes or until the outside is firm to the touch but the centre still has a good wobble.
- Remove from the oven and run a round-bladed knife around the inside of the tin to loosen the cheesecake. Leave to cool completely in the tin, sitting on a wire rack so the air can circulate, then cover and chill overnight.
- For the blueberry compote, place all the ingredients in a saucepan and cook over a gentle heat until the sugar has dissolved and the blueberries just burst with juices. Chill. To serve the cheesecake, remove from the tin, dust with icing sugar and serve with the compote on the side. The cheesecake will keep for 3 days, covered in the fridge.
Top Tip for making The Creamiest Cheesecake Ever: 1) To help prevent a baked cheesecake from cracking, make sure that all the ingredients are at room temperature. 2) Always run a round-bladed knife around the outside of the cheesecake as soon as it comes out of the oven. This helps to prevent the top from cracking. Make sure the cheesecake is thoroughly chilled before slicing.